Monday, December 17, 2012

Juice Fast day 3

So, today I had my juice for breakfast. The only thing was that I didn't have pineapple, so I substituted an orange. It also made enough for me to have for lunch...yay! It is a good thing because for me, my biggest challenge when I want to juice, is that when I get really hungry, I will scarf down whatever is in my line of vision! So, if it is a bag of chips, Pop Tarts, Cheetos, cookies, candies....it's GOING DOWN! Then after that calms the beast, it is time to find something  nutritious to eat. Food should be fuel...right! Hahaha! Funny, how it doesn't work that way when I see broccoli or a sweet potato. No, when I see those items (the veggies) all I see is work. Don't get me wrong I am trying to change my way of thinking when it comes to those items. Here is the thing...HONESTLY!!!!! I DO NOT buy THESE JUNK FOOD ITEMS! REALLY I DON'T! Remember when I told you that my hubby is the one that is so kind that he goes to the store? Well, it is a double edged sword because he comes home with these processed items devoid of nutritional value, and since I am not one to let things go to waste...well, I end up eating them as well. Yesterday he bought Ritz Crackers...one of my many forms of kryptonite. So, of course I indulged in a few crackers today. I am starting to sense a saboteur among me....grrrr!

**I am successful, I will drink only juice tomorrow** (but, hey...how bad is a few crackers)

P.S. I took some pics of my juicing ingredients from this morning. Will post either today or tomorrow. Let me tell you that prep is key! If you freeze your banana and other fruit, you don't have to use ice and makes the smoothie tastier and sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment