Saturday, December 22, 2012

Carolyns Coffee Cake ~ from Carolyn's Cafe~ Go there NOW!

Okay, so my familia has been telling me I MUST visit this place for a while now. They told me of this tiny cafe right by the DMV in Redlands and I was intrigued. Hot coffee cake with a puddle of butter dripping down the sides....SOLD! SAY NO MORE! I AM THERE...MOVE OUTTA MY WAY! CAROLYN'S CAFE...you are hidden in a most unexpected location....just feet from an auto body shop....right by a Subway and a Taco Village....pffftt! Clear the path people, because I will give elbows, to get there if I have to!

Now, I have mentioned in passing that I have a "problema" with gluten. Yesterday, I threw it out the window folks. I jumped off of the juicing wagon and ran with glee to this place "Carolyn's Cafe" where gluten filled gluttony was the only thing on my mind! I knew there would be a time to pay for it later...and I did..BUT THIS WAS WORTH IT!

It was worth it!!!!!!!!!! As we all know, food is more than nourishment, it is a celebration, it is something that can trigger fond childhood memories and so I hope my son remembers it. If not, I will gladly remind him of it! :)

My son had just received his permit! A right of passage for any teenager! I on the other hand, had just been rescued by my brother, my knight in shining armor for the day! I embarrassingly admit, I had run out of gas for the first time in MY LIFE! In my defense, I was driving a truck that I am barely getting used to. Really, THAT is a long story....and I am only interested in trying to excuse myself of such a lame event...I did shed a tear for being such a dumba**, and this coffee cake was something I KNEW would make it all better!


So, we enter this tiny, but bustling little coffee shop. We take a seat and right away, the server asks, can I get you something to drink? Drink? Uh, no....I laugh and with a giddiness in my voice, I think he was accustomed to hearing, I say....my in laws told me about this coffee cake. He stops and says, oh you would like to start with that? YES, YES I WOULD.....HEHEHEHE! I was wringing my hands together, probably looking like Gollum, consumed with thoughts of his "precious"! Okay, you can take a look at the menu and I will go get that for you....AWESOME!!!!!
                                                           ***He returned with this ****

                                                       ***Which ended like this***

                                                 ****Oh, and we ate this too.****

*********Celebrate good times...come on!*********

Okay, so I don't wanna over hype the coffee cake. It was good....hope you try it.....but if you don't....MORE FOR ME......MUAHAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment