Sunday, December 16, 2012

Juice Fast Day 2

**I am not a medical doctor. I am simply sharing info I have gathered and my juice fast experience**

Yesterday, I started what was to be my first day in a juice fast. I am going to do it for 5-7 days, depending on how I feel. I am so lucky, as to have 2 types of juicing contraptions. I have a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer and the mighty, mighty...VitaMix! The reason I have 2, is because each has it's own function. The Jack Lalanne provides a juice that has no pulp and therefore the juice and it's nutrients are easily and quickly absorbed into the body. Great way to start the day! Better than ANY cup of coffee! The VitaMix provides a juice that breaks down the veggies and fruits into juice, while breaking down the fiber as well, resulting in a delicious smoothie. Now, in this juicing method, you have the benefit of all that tummy filling fiber and believe it or not these smoothies are delicious! The awesome thing is the ability to hide a veggie, (like sayyyy kale) that you might not ordinarily consume on it's own and you get to drown out its bitterness by adding the sweetness of an apple or carrot, or strawberries....oh the list is endless!

Now, lets get to the important part....was I successful yesterday? Did I complete day 1 of my juice fast? Well, yes and no.....okay....ugh, NOOOOO! BUT, wait......it wasn't a complete and TOTAL failure. Have you heard of BLT's? Well, apparently, this stands for not only the well known and much more satisfying and tantalizing, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Please hold, as I locate a napkin to clean up drool. Bacon....you make me so happy! BACON, I command THEE TO LEAVE MY THOUGHTS AT ONCE! Okay, so before I was so rudely interrupted by salacious thoughts of bacon, I think I had mentioned that there was another meaning to the traditional acronym Blt...it's additional meaning is bites, licks and tastes! Some dieter, has desecrated it's original delicious meaning, and brought it to a terrible, dark place! A place where it is a unit of measurement of what goes into my mouth. This is where I failed! I had a bite of a grilled cheese, 2 corn chips and a few bites of the Korean Beef I made for the rest of the family for dinner. So, success wasn't 100%, but I choose to look on the bright side of life. So, I am giving myself a pat on the back! Did, you know that I had to sit through the smell of delicious chorizo con papas that my husband decided to cook up yesterday. I survived though....AS ONLY the strong do!

So, here we are the beginning of day 2, dia numero dos! Wish me luck! I will post my smoothie recipe for the day in a little bit. Yesterday, I used the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer and made a recipe from my juicing book that is for energy. It was carrots, a little parsley and an apple. Today, I will be using the VitaMix.

No comments:

Post a Comment