Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ginger's Jiggle Juice ~ Cocktails & shots

Feliz Ano Nuevo!   Happy New Year!    Feliz Ano Nuevo!   Happy New Year!

Wow! We are ringing in ANOTHER New Year! This is crazy!!! Where, I ask, where did ALL the time go? I ask that every year....don't mind me. Actually, I ask it when all of a sudden it is Sunday night, when the month is over and it's time to pay bills yet AGAIN (pesky lil suckers), I ask it on my birthday and on the birthday of every ONE of my children.....hmmm, maybe, just maybe I ask it too much....ya think??????

Well, before I go and choke out Father Time for hitting the fast forward button, I would like to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! HOPE YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY YOUR MOST IMPORTANT FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!

****Remember to drink responsibly******DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE********

Considerate person that I am, (hahaha) I have put together some drinks that might add a little spice to your party.

Let's get it started, let's get it started in here!

If you are going to do shots of tequila, I say go with Tequila Patron! A tried and true favorite of mine! And don't forget to say (before you drink it), Pa' arriba, pa' abajo, pal centro....(drink it)...PA' DENTRO!

Here is a shot my lovely sister in law introduced me to. Ladies, your girlfriends will love you for introducing them to this one! It is great for girls night in, bachelorette parties or as a nice little night cap..lol!


*White Gummy Bear Shot*
1/2 oz of Strawberry Vodka
1/2 oz of Peach Schnapps
splash of pineapple juice
splash of Sprite
**Side note, if you can't find stawberry vodka, you can make your own strawberry infused vodka with fresh or frozen strawberries...or you can be lazy and just add some Kool Aid to your vodka.

On to the next one! This is my go to drink when I am at a function, it's a basic. More than likely, even a sparsely stocked bar should have this.

*Cape Cod*
1 1/2 oz Vodka
cranberry juice
twist of lime (not shown)


This one I am going to try for the first time tonight....all in the name of research. I am one dedicated lil lady! Sounds STRONG! I got this one from Regis and Kelly......yes I know it is Kelly and Michael now....that should tell you how long I have been itching to try this! I assume this is for 2 people or it might be lights out....but then again, THAT MUST BE HOW IT GOT IT'S NAME!

**side note, the pic shows Malibu pineapple rum, it SHOULD BE coconut rum**

*Leg Spreader*
2 oz Spiced Rum
2 oz Coconut Rum
2 oz Peach Schnapps
4-6 oz Pineapple Juice


This next one is great if you are going to have a party, because you can mix it up before hand. Just make sure to keep it away from the little ones since it is in a soda bottle. I like that it can be chilled in the soda bottle after you gently mix the ingredients together.

*Shock Tart*
1 Liter orange soda
1/4 bottle of Vodka
1 watermelon kiwi flavored Kool Aid
1 strawberry flavored Kool Aid

No Pic :(

If placing in a another serving container, mix vodka and Kool Aids together first, then add orange soda. If on the go, or to make and chill in soda bottle, empty out orange soda to the top of the soda label, mix vodka and kool aids, now add vodka and kool aid mix to the orange soda bottle, gently mix, close and chill...or you may now travel with it and serve over ice.

Who doesn't love a Jolly Rancher?

Jolly Rancher
2 parts Peach chnapps
1 part Apple Schnapps
1 part Grenadine

No pic :(

Last one, but certainly NOT least...I came up with this one on the 4th of July. My hubby has had a new addiction for a drink one of our friends :) introduced him to this year called a Blood Orange Syrup Chelada. He hunted down the blood orange syrup and it is now a staple here. Anyways, here is what I came up with that night....it was a hit!

Aaaaaaaaaand since I just watched and loooooved Pitch Perfect this week, it shall be named.....

*********Ginger's Jiggle Juice***********
2 oz of Vodka
6 oz pineapple juice
1 oz blood orange syrup
1-2 oz Sprite
twist of lime (optional)
Shaken vigorously in shaker and then still served over ice....I likes it COLD!

Shake that jiggle juice girl! Andale! Con ganas!

Quieres?

Feliz Ano Nuevo! Happy New Year!
                           Gotta go! I have some liquid research to partake in!




No comments:

Post a Comment