Sunday, December 23, 2012

How to make Chorizo **WITHOUT MAKING A MESS**

 
I don't know about you, but when I want to make chorizo con papas (potatoes) or chorizo con huevos (eggs), I think...oh sounds delicious, but the mess...THE MESS....right? It's like cooking bacon, but instead of clear oil popping at you, its orange. We all know when you make bacon or CHORIZO for that matter on the stove top...it is a dangerous mission que no (right)? I mean there you are all innocent in front of your stove top, wanting nothing more than to cook up some greasy porkaliciousness (um, yeah, that is like TOTALLY A WORD...like just check the google machine...remember I can't put it on the inteweb thingy if its not true!)...okay so there we are at the stove top with an apron (yeah right....but we should have one on right? Chingado, I ruin too many clothes not wearing one!) So just go with it, okay.....we are wearing our apron and we are looking all Mrs. Cleaver y todo
Mira la "Mrs. Cleaver"


We should really be wearing this, we need bacon/chorizo gloves, safety goggles and an anti~splatter thingamagijjer.
Ahhh CABRON! ME QUEME! Oh crap, I burned myself! Lol!
 
                                                          ****SOLUCION!*******SOLUTION********


I am one lucky lady to have such a wise Mommy, who recently shared this little pearl of wisdom with me.....here, right here ladies and gents, I am about to change your mundo "world" and show you how to cook up your chorizo like a modern latina, con (with) shortcuts! Watch for an artful demonstration! :)



Now cover me and place in the microwave and check every 3 minutes!

 
Take out of microwave when the desired texture is achieved. I put mine in for a total of 8 minutes. So, two full 3 minute microwave cycles and then at the second minute of the third cycle I knew it was perfect. It was a little crunchy on the outer ring and once mixed....PERFECTION!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, i will have to try this!! Btw, cool site Ginger!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, let me know what you think of this method! Thanks Roberta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you! I've been scouring chorizo recipes online, and all of them boast how easy they are - just throw it in your cast iron skillet and viola! No mention of the splatter, which is the one thing I'm trying to avoid. Eeesh! I'll be trying this in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will give this a try. Love this website with mid 2000s vibes lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ended up trying it and yes, it works. I got it to a good cook and then finished it with eggs already in the pan for minimal splatter.

    From the way the edges of the chorizo looked after the microwave, you could cook the chorizo to completion separately with good timing and mixing, as the author says. 10/10 recommend.

    ReplyDelete