Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Swap meet fun!

Who loves the Swap Meet? Meeeeeeeee! Okay, well, I love it and hate it. I love it because it is the one place in life I can guarantee a churro will be waiting for me all nice and warm and covered in cinnamon sugar deliciousness. It's the absolute best!!!! There are however tons and tons of people. Sometimes I am in the mood for people and sometimes....NOT!
 
As you can see, I was able to take care of my churro craving as soon as we got there. Yay!

Churro cheers!


So, if you are having a party, this is definitely the place to go to get the most awesome Mexican candies and a glorious assortment of piƱatas. The candy is sure to provide you with your daily allowance of lead. Hey, lead tastes great!

You can see a Hello Kitty one in the background. They always have Spiderman and any cartoon character that is "hot" at the moment.

Oh and if you have a craving for Tostilocos, you can get one of those too. Don't know what it is? Well let me fix that for you....it's pretty disgusting actually. Lol, well at least to me. However, I find that I am in the minority as I see a small crowd forming around the Tostilocos stand. Okay here is the list of ingredients, first you begin with a bag of Tostitos chips, add these little nuggets of tamarindo candy, chopped up cucumber bits, Japanese peanuts, pickled pigs skins, (I shiver as I say that) chamoy, lime and some Mexican hot sauce like Cholula, oh yeah and those little crispy things they give you to put on your wonton soup at a Chinese restaurant. So far we have involved the Japanese, Chinese and Mexicans. I guess this is what happens when world cuisines collaborate......MADNESS!! It's like anything, you add what you like. Some people add other stuff too. My interest in this stops at pickled pig skins!!! Why??? Whyyyy??? Whooo?? Who??? Really, ewwww!
Errrrr mahh gerrrrrd.........looks all wormy and sooooo NOT like something I want to partake in. Can I offer you some worms and larvae.....mmmmm!
This guy looks pretty happy!
Okay, so let's get to the other reason I go to the swampmeet, (as my precious daughter likes to call it) you can find ANYTHING THERE! Look at this wonderful variety of stuffed animals.
Need a back pack? We have 20 million different combos of Hello Kitty to choose from.
 
You are sure to find a blankie that will satisfy you or your kid or White Goodman. (Ben Stillers totally cheesy character from Dodgeball.) I mean there is a serious demand for these majestic animals on blankets the size of a house....they have been making them as long as I can remember. Yes, of course, I have even owned one. Teheee!
If you wanna be all healthy n stuff, you can buy and O.G. style juicer y todo.

This is what I wanted to buy, but they didn't have one in my size. I love those shirts with all the flowers embroidered. So purrrrty!

Mexican art at it finest. So colorful!

Of course we cannot forget the knock offs, lol! I almost bought some Super Markers.

The Swap Meet is where we go when I have a churro craving, need some glasses or Mexican candy. It's a fun place to search for treasures. Let me give you the run down on what we got. I wish I would have taken a photo, but at some point, I was tuckered out from walking on what was my day off. (I walk enough at work......believe me, I have a blog post rant in regards to that coming soon....lol.) Okay, we got glasses, nail polish pens that retail for MORE than the $2 we paid, Sally Hansen nail strip things, lots of hair bows, shoes for the kids, makeup, I got this cool as seen on tv speaker for my iPhone, an as seen on tv garden hose......can't wait to see if all my goodies work! Ha! That is the thing about the swampmeet, sometimes you take a gamble.......lol! Always good times at the swamp meet.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You Ginger for feeding my homesickness, in a good and bad way! I haven't been home in 2 years and won't probably for 2 more. I don't know if I can last past 3 years. Maybe summer 2014. Oh and, the Tostilocos look and sound gross to me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you can make it home soon!! On the plus side, it looks like you are some place really cool!

    ReplyDelete