Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 days of Thanks ~ Day 5

This one might sound a little odd....but I am thankful for my hair. I always have had curly hair. Of course, I hated it as a child, but learned to appreciate it as I got older. Well, now, my hair is all jacked up....hahahaha. It is half curly, half straight, and the texture is horrible. You know how if you get a strand of hair and turn run it between your fingers from the tip of it to the root? Well, if you do that it will feel rough. Well, my hair feels like that even if you do that from root to tip.

Most people don't know what a hot mess my hair is unless I tell them because a curling iron and straight iron are my best friends. OR, they do know and are kind enough to let me think I am pulling the wool over their eyes. :)

 The other day I was sitting outside for my sons soccer game really early in the morning and I was cold and I had my crappy hair in a ponytail. I had to put my hair down to cover my ears and it totally helped. So that is one reason that I am happy for my locks.

The other is reason is just for vanity and I cannot find an angle to make it sound good. Hair is fun! Curly, straight, braids, updo's, and dyeing...the list is endless! I don't know what I would do without my hair. I don't know if I would feel beautiful. I know, shallow. I hate to admit this, because I know  there are warriors out there fighting cancer. People who don't have a choice. I know there are people with other illnesses that make them lose their hair. They have a strength and courage that is AMAZING! Besides, I know that underneath this hair is a square shaped head...hahahaha.

So, I am thankful for my hair, because it is there and it helps me feel purrty and keeps my cabeza warm.

I must not end this however, without saying again, I see individuals who have lost their hair due to illness, not as a choice they were happy to make and to them I say you are brave souls who have a courage that I have not found yet. You are an inspiration and when I grow up, I want to be like you.....love your shallow crappy haired friend..

No comments:

Post a Comment