Thursday, May 2, 2013

Broccamole, the New Guacamole!

                                         Broccamole.


            Move over guacamole, there is a new guac in town!


Who else hates that word besides me? Lol. I shall irritate us all by using it anyways! I am evil like that. Why? Because it has been a wicked week from hell, that is why! I have nursed 2 ill children, who had a bug that consisted of fever and all the wonderful things that accompany a stomach bug, for 6 entire days now. I am sleep deprived and therefore delirious and so scurred I am next. Yikes! So, in between administering meds and washing laundry, I remembered there was someone else that needed caring for and that was...ME! I was HANGRY~ yeah, you have heard of this right (and no doubt at some point suffered from this as well) it is hunger induced anger. There I was, storming about, trying to find something to snack on and then, I remembered I had seen this recipe on Pinterest. Now, I like to try new recipes, but when I cook something from my cabeza, it goes like this: oh, I like this, yum, I am going to add more, oh, I bet it would taste even better if I added that...oh, now that is awesome! It is not wrapped up in this neat little bow in my head. I don't think add 1/2 a cup of this or that. I just toss in what I think will be enticing to my pancita. I tell you this because when I made this last night, I saw the ladies recipe, but just looked at the ingredients and added what I had to taste....my taste. Isn't that the wonderful thing about cooking? So, I am going to show you what I added to my version and will also include a link to the original recipe from Domestic Fits here.

This recipe was an absolute shocker for me!!! The broccoli pulls a Houdini act and its flavor is gone and replaced with something delectable!!! PLUS, IT IS GOOD FOR YOU....I mean.....uh, it is bad, baaaad! Makes you want to eat something way more when it is bad, huh!
Above are 3 cups of broccoli chopped, (including stalks) in my Pampered Chef Large Micro~Cooker. Place in microwave for 10 minutes. Broccoli needs to be WELL cooked, not al dente. When done, remove and place in food processor or Vitamix (like I did~LOVE MY Vitamix!!) Hold on don't turn it on yet!

Above and below are the things that I used to season the Broccamole. I put salt, granulated garlic, chili powder, sea salt, 1/2 a jalapeno (with seeds...I likes it spicey!) a handful of cilantro that I just ripped from a bunch, and 2 heaping tablespoons of lowfat cottage cheese. Domestic Fits says to add something creamy and she gives several addition possibilities to fit this need....I only had low fat cottage cheese, SO low fat cottage cheese it was. No, I didn't measure the spices...I know, bad girl....but do not fret! You can visit the link and get precise measurements. I ALSO PUT IN LIKE 3 TABLESPOONS OF OLIVE OIL....sorry, originally forgot to put that....it woke me up in the middle of the night! Sorry to have missed that! Ooops!


Green stuff is just so beautiful, RIGHT! Okay, now that all ingredients are on board.....you may blend. Make sure to blend until a rich and creamy texture is achieved.
Now enjoy this truly surprising creation that is so creamy and yummy and not at all tasting of broccoli. I kept eating it and saying, NO WAY!!! I was like HOW is this possible??? WHERE did the broccoli go?? It was transformed!!! Try this! You won't be sorry!
 
It is Thirsty Thursday, wish I had done a post about a Margarita.....sabes que? Screw the Margarita....I am down for a shot....and no, there will not be a post on that one....lol! See ya!!!

3 comments:

  1. My husband calls bullshit but I'm still going to try it. More for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg....PLEASE, I BEG YOU TO MAKE THIS, so that I can have someone back me up!!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try it my friend and let you know how it went! :)

      Delete