Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Magic Pot Monday~20 Min Microwave Ribs

                              20 Minute Microwave Ribs


Pampered Chef's Magic Pot Ribs~ Made in the MICROWAVE!!!


Dinner doesn't get any easier than this! THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME EVER MAKING RIBS!!! EVERRRRR! So, I popped my cherry in the microwave! Scandalous, I know! I was once intimidated by rib recipes. They called for boiling and then baking and something about removing a membrane! My rib making phobia is all in the past! BECAUSE, I have in my possession, something that made this FOOL PROOF! I present to you....The Magic Pot, it can turn your microwave into a treasure! I KNOW, right now your microwave is feeling neglected. Maybe you use it to heat up that cup of coffee that went cold, heat up some sad microwaveable meal, leftover pizza, a sad bowl of canned soup, or maybe for microwave popcorn. Yeah...your microwave is lonely. It is wishing some college kid in a dorm room would come and rescue it and put it to good use! I got this "Magic Pot" after hosting a Pampered Chef party a few years ago. The consultant left us all in awe, as she proceeded to make the juiciest chicken breast in the microwave...in about 14 minutes! It also came with a list of recipes to make IN THE MICROWAVE, using this "Magic Pot". So, I thought "Magic Pot Monday's", would be a great way to dust this puppy off and give it some continuous use. Plus it would give me a platform show off its culinary prowess. RAWR! Hmmm, now that I am thinking, maybe I should send one of these to college with my boy next year. This way he can make himself some healthy food in his dorm. But, that would only draw more cute chicas to his room...uh, yeah, NO! Scratch that!

Magic Pot Ribs Recipe~ This is kind of a recipe by photo dealio, but you can find the entire recipe at the bottom of the page.

Above is the Magic Pot (aka as The Deep Dish Baker) in all it's cranberry colored gloriousness!

Above are 2 lbs of Pork Ribs
 
The recipe said to sprinkle the ribs with salt and pepper before putting them into the pot. I used the steak and meat seasoning pictured above. It also says to add a barbecue rub (I assume Pampered Chef has their own brand, but I don't have it) when making the bbq sauce, so I used this Rendezvous Famous Seasoning.
Above are the pork ribs that have been cut in between each bone and into individual ribs. Here they are in the belly of the Magic Pot and soon thereafter, they shall reside in...MY BELLY! Place them in two layers in the pot and DON'T forget to add 1/4 cup of water.

See! Seasoned and cut in between each bone and lay cut side down in the "Magic Pot".
 
Then as the recipe states, microwave on high for 7 minutes. Remove pot from microwave with oven mitts, then flip each rib and place pot in microwave for another 7-10 minutes. I did 10 minutes. Below, they are shown after the first micro round and then I flipped each one over. Also, after the second round in the microwave, insert a thermometer into meatiest part of the rib and make sure that it registers to 160 degrees.
Above is the sauce that consists of 1 cup of ketchup, 2 tbsp Rendezvous Famous Seasoning, 1/3 cup packed brown sugar and 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
Above: Get approximately one cup of sauce (I used less) and toss them in the sauce.

Above: Ribs coated in the sauce and grilling on my pan...oh yum!
Baste with sauce as they grill up.
Gorgeous grill marks! Look, look what I made. Not bad for my "first" time!
 

Success! I made my first batch of ribs! Yay! Woohoo! Aren't they beautiful? And they didn't take too long either! Okay well, the one rib above looks especially beautiful....but don't tell the others. ;)

Here is the recipe from the Pampered Chef cookbook that came with the pot:


PORK

20-Minute Barbecue Ribs

1 rack (2 1/2-3 lb) pork loin back ribs (baby back ribs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
¼ cup water

Sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp Chipotle Rub or Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 tsp cinder vinegar or white vinegar

For ribs, remove membrane from rack of ribs using Boning Knife (see Cook's Tip). Season both sides of ribs with salt and black pepper. Cut between each bone to separate rack into individual ribs. Arrange ribs, cut side down, in two layers in Deep Covered Baker. Add water. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes. Turn ribs over. Microwave on HIGH 7-10 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into meatiest part of ribs alongside bones and ribs are no longer pink.

Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ketchup, brown sugar, rub and vinegar in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.

Transfer ribs to Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add 1 cup of the sauce and toss to coat.

Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Place ribs onto pan; cook 4-6 minutes or until grill marks appear, brushing with remaining sauce and turning once. Transfer ribs to a serving platter. Serve immediately.

Yield 4 servings: Calories 620. Total Fat 41 g. Saturated Fat 15 g. Cholesterol 160 mg. Carbohydrate 30 g. Protein 34 g. Sodium 1390 mg. Fiber 1 g.



2 comments:

  1. Girl, I haven't eaten red meat in 9 years and this makes me hungry! Good job mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't know "you don't eat no meat", (haha I love when the aunt says that in my Big Fat Greek Wedding.)crazy! I RARELY eat it. I think that contributes to part of my anemia problem. :( I like chicken! Does that mean you don't eat BACON? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

    ReplyDelete