Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sriracha and Pickled Jalapeño Deviled Eggs

Sriracha and Pickled Jalapeno deviled eggs~ a new spin on an old classic.

Who likes deviled eggs? Maybe I should ask.....WHO DOESN'T??? Did you raise your hand to the no? If you did....go sit in the corner....goooooooo! Lol, shame on you! You are in time out! Okay, fine, I will let you out, but the least you can do is make these for friends or family that DO like them! Okay, let me say....my pics are not great. I am beginning to think that I am going to have to invest in a "real" camera. I have been using my iPhone. I was happy, until I committed a crime against myself....comparing my pics to other bloggers pics. Well, at least I am not comparing my body to that of a Victoria's Secret model....the result would be me slipping into the deep dark recesses of a MAJOR depression....lol. YOU try having 4 kids Adriana Lima! I feel the darkness encroaching...ahhhh! Okay, changing the subject.... I have a small Canon Powershot 16 megapixels....maybe I should start using that and mastering it before I move to the fancy schmancy Canon EOS Digital SLR (that is all a foreign language to me). Oh right, you are here for a recipe! Lol, okay well lets getter done then!

Major players featured in the photo above. You will need one dozen eggs, yes one is missing. I was hungry...sorry! Okay so lets begin with some boiled eggs, half them and place the yolks in a separate bowl.

In the bowl with the yolks, add 1/2 cup of mayo, 1tbsp of Sriracha, 1/2tsp salt, 1tsp Dijon Mustard, and 1/3 cup of pickled jalapenos (make sure you place them on a few napkins to fully drain them so your mixture isn't to watery) Chop the jalapenos in a fine dice.
Here are my empty egg halves.
Dice the jalapenos into a fine dice. I used my food chopper.
Here are all the ingredients ready to be all mixed up n stuff.
Here they are....looking kinda sad still huh.

Dress up those huevos with a little paprika and a little cilantro and they are ready for the pinche pari! Tu sabes!

No comments:

Post a Comment