Monday, July 29, 2013

CheesyTater tot casserole

Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole

Who doesn't like tater tots? Who doesn't like cheese? Well, I like both of these items....really, I love them. I loose control when they are both around. So, remember that show 19 kids and counting with the Duggars? Well, I was fascinated by that show, all those kids behaved so well! They run that ship so smoothly. A feat I have yet to master with my 4! Anyways, one night many years ago when the show had just started, they shared the recipe for their favorite dish, Tater Tot Casserole. I made it for my family and they enjoyed it. Their recipe is different than mine, just because I as always was using what I have. Here is the Duggars Recipe Everything I used is listed below. Can I get a whoop whoop for store brands baybee!!! I have a friend that worked in a juice factory for a while, that is where he told me that the juices were all the same except one can went and got a name brand label and the other can went down the line and got the store brand label. I was like whatttt? I felt so duped. That was like 15 yrs ago. Anyways, after that, I try to buy store brand if it is cheaper. However there are items that are NOT the same....like, you won't find generic Mayo or Ritz crackers...there are no comparisons for the real deal.
Bag of tater puffs(lol), cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese, ground beef, I added peas to get a veggie in there and 1 cup of milk and 1/2 an onion diced.


My new unnecessary kitchen gadget that dices the onion in a perfect dice.


Push down this white lid and......


voila, perfect dice, no tears.


Brown ground beef and then drain excess oil.


Add onions and cook till translucent.


Toss in can of cream of mushroom, peas and milk.


Should look like this.


Place the ground beef mixture into a casserole dish and line tater puffs on top.


Place in a 350 degree preheated oven until the Tater Puffs are golden brown.


Take out of oven and cover generously with cheese and place back into oven until the cheese is all melted.





I covered with foil so it wouldn't burn.


See, cheesy goodness!


Served alongside some broccoli....dinner is served. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment