Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Potatoes O' Brien


                                                               Potatoes O'Brien

I remember being a kid and my mom making this in a big iron skillet on Saturday mornings. My Mom is the BEST cook. At ANY given moment, a crowd could go to her house and she could whip up a totally delish meal in NO time! I am sooo jelly! I hope that I inherit her skills! Hear that Mommy??? I want you to leave those skills to me in your will, I called them FIRST!!!  I could go into further detail regarding her culinary expertise, but lets focus on this one for now, since I recently made it.
I like this meal because I almost always have these simple ingredients on hand, and if you want to add a little unique twist, add some chorizo and top with avocado and a drizzle of crema and this is even MORE AWESOME!!!!


The trick is to make sure that you cut all the ingredients the same size.



Season the ingredients well, with salt and pepper to taste. When the potatoes are about halfway cooked, add the other ingredients and when the potatoes are cooked through, this is ready to devour. I like to make the potatoes real crispy....YUM!!




So, yeah......maybe I should have placed them next to some sunny side up eggs, but I don't remember what happened that day. THIS is what I ended up with....lol. Oh well, it tasted GRRRRRRRREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment