Friday, April 12, 2013

Homemade brown sugar


I do a lot of baking. I have a sweet tooth and I can't deny it! Try as I might to stifle it, crush it, ignore it....it rejects my attempts to eradicate it! So, just like in Little Shop of Horrors, I must feed my Seymour. MY Seymour calls for sugars...so much so, that sometimes, I find myself without the necessary ingredients to satiate the beast with a new confection. In the event that you find yourself in this predicament, ready to add the "brown sugar" while baking with your hair in a bun and your cozy kitten pj's on, finding your "brown sugar" is in fact MIA!!! Yikes!!! Here is what you do...ready? Because this is rather difficult and you MUST PAY ATTENTION! Wink, wink!!! Get 1 cup of granulated white sugar and add 3 tablespoons of molasses. Bayum! Ya just made homemade brown sugar! Oh yeah! You rock! Now commence your raucous victory dance for overcoming one of life's adversities! Now, hush up and get that caboose back in the kitchen!
                                              ***3 tablespoons of Molasses***

                                        ***Mixed into one cup of sugar***
                                         
***Mix until it is incorporated evenly into all sugar and resembles brown sugar. may look "wet", but it will work just as well as brown sugar. Now use as you normally would in any recipe!***

No comments:

Post a Comment