Saturday, April 27, 2013

No Bake Kool~Aid Pie

                        No Bake, 4 Ingredient Kool~Aid Pie

Today is pretty hot! Summer is fast approaching and the mere thought of turning your oven on is going to make you sweat. So, for you my dear friends, I am sharing a no bake pie recipe. Turns out this recipe has been around for years! Like 40-50 years! It is called a Kool~Aid pie, so this makes the flavor possibilities endless!!! You can make lime, strawberry lemonade, lemon, grape...whatever package of Kool~Aid you can find is a new variation!!! How KOOL is that??? Hahaha...didja see what I did there just now? Oh, I am a clever one! The toughest part about making this pie is opening the can of sweetened condensed milk. The longer the pie sits, the stronger the flavors get. I chose strawberry.

Here are the ingredients~ 1 graham cracker pie crust, ~14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, ~8 oz tub of whipped topping, ~ 1 Kool~Aid flavor pack (your choice), ~fruit for garnish. The fruit also helps cut the sweetness of the pie.

I just put it all in a bowl and got to mixin'! Now, here is a recommendation, mix the Kool~Aid pack and the sweetened condensed milk until the Kool~Aid pack is well dissolved. Once this is done, add the whipped cream. The reason for this is, as soon as the whipped cream is added, the mixture starts to thicken REAL quick.


Pic above is trying to get everything well incorporated.

Everything poured into the graham cracker crust and it had been refrigerated over night.
So pretty!
 
And EVEN prettier!

2 comments:

  1. This looks way yummy! I always love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girlie! I try! I am amazed at what a lil natural light and my iphone can do!

    ReplyDelete