Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New year...still old me...ugh!

So the New Year begins and there is supposed to be some magical transformation that  propels us to shed our old bad habits and into embracing all the new exciting prospects we have set for ourselves.

DOES IT HAPPEN THAT WAY? NO!

Take me for example, I was feeling so good and so excited about getting started on my "New Me" phase, and then all of a sudden, my enthusiasm left....didn't say goodbye, didn't leave a note....just....GONE! I keep hoping it will "Call me maybe" lol....but no, no such luck! Ugh, so here I am stuck and wallowing in the good times and dreaming of what could have been, if my enthusiasm for my "New Me" hadn't up and deserted me. Oh, boo hoo and it is only January 9th! I fell off the juicing wagon pretty hard. Not one vegetable has been ingested in a whole 9 days!!!! I feel the ickyness creeping in......oh, lets face it....it busted the door down and has had me hostage.

BUT.....this stops, it stops now! Why? Well, partially because I have to be in a wedding in just over 2 weeks. Let me tell you, this tummy has had 5 babies in it...only 4 made it out. :( Yeah, it looks like a deflated balloon, it has battle scars (4 c~sections), but it's nothing a good set of Spanx couldn't handle. Plus, today I vow to do an exercise routine everyday to help with excess jiggles and tone up said tummy. I am going to keep it simple.

Ready to get my workout on!
 

By simple, I in no way wish to imply that this is a walk in the park. I am starting at ground zero here! I can't even recall the last time I went to Zumba....wahhhh! Found this on Pinterest. I had been doing a set very similar to this for almost 4 weeks and then...um....um...(shhhh, I am trying to think of a good reason for stopping) darn, I give up....no good excuse for quitting. I had gotten so far too!
Pinned Image
Okay, so I will start today! Remember that scene in Jerry Maguire, after he flips out and is saying the fish is going with him and he is asking who else is coming with him? (yes, I love movies and my family talks to each other and or refers to movie quotes on an all too regular basis and I love it. Feels like we have a secret language sometimes...lol) Okay, so I THINK that is what just happened here.....I had my little melt down and I wanna know, who besides flipper is going to join me on this excercise journey? Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I am always with you girl! I know it's hard but you are worth it. Do something you love just a few days a week and then go further if you want to. I promise you won't regret it. And btw, you are beautiful no matter what! But feeling beautiful is something you deserve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks for the encouragement! I need it to get this tush a movin'! You are so right, when I WAS doing it, I felt strong and I liked it! I need to start stopping! Hahahaha!

      Delete