Saturday, May 24, 2014

BROWN SUGAR AND CRUSHED RED PEPPER BACON

Bacon....bacon is a blessing to my taste buds. Oh bacon how I love thee....let me count to ways....ohhhhh so many. If I tried to name them, it would be like a reenactment of the scene in Forest Gump with the shrimp lover. So, I will spare you the time, because you know we would be here till midnight...or LONGER!!! I am a sweet n spicy kinda gal.....comes as no surprise that I like my food like that too!!! Hahaha!

I am going to share one of my favorite things of all time right now. I beg you to make this....puhleezzzzzz!!! I must insist that you make this. Go...now!!!

So all ya need is BACON, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes. SIMPLE...right???
Combine 1 cup brown sugar with 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (more if you like it extra spicy) and mix in a plate that is large enough to hold a whole bacon strip. Place the bacon on the plate and cover and pat the sugar mix onto the piece of bacon. Continue until all bacon is covered. Place the bacon on a foil lined baking sheet that has a cooling rack for cookies on it. This will help keep the bacon from sticking and make clean up a breeze! Put the bacon in a preheated oven at 375 degrees and cook for 20-25 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on it and check on it at about the 15 minute mark. If you take it out and feel like you want it crispier, just place it back in for a few extra minutes.

Hope you enjoy this recipe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment