Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pinterest

I have been passionately enthralled with Pinterest for the better part of this year. I had a few friends from Facebook post they were "pinning" and how it was their new favorite pastime. What is this "pinning" you speak of, I asked my friends.....and an obsession was born! It has taken possession of me! There is not enough time in the day to pin away. The best part is, that not only do I pin, I eagerly run to the grocery store to gather the ingredients for the newest recipe to test! (Okay, so I AM NOT the one who runs to the grocery store, that would be complete and utter insanity. I have 4 children. Enough said? Or must I share my tale of a rather recent trip to Wal-Mart, where I was paying for my prescription and asked my then 12 yr old daughter to keep an eye on her brother and sister who were sitting in the cart while I paid. I turned around, took my card out of my wallet and in that fraction of time turned to witness the kids almost do a face plant on the floor as the cart tipped forward, handle side down. Thank my lucky stars....no one was injured! So, this happened as my 12 yr old was "watching the kids".... shopping and I are not friends....FOR NOW!  I simply put in a call to my lovely husband and describe the dish I have in mind, using the most drool worthy superlatives I can conjure up....AND VOILA, I have the ingrediences (lol, RHONJ reference) in my kitchen.) Not only have I made many recipes, of which I have been a HUGE fan, but the tips I have learned are priceless! PRICELESS, I tell ya!. Oh mah gawd!!!!!!!!!!! I just cleaned my sticky, greasy cookie sheets that I had cooked bacon on, using Cream of Tartar. Do I have to capitalize that? Oh well, after the miracle that occurred when using it, it deserves the capitalization! Magic...magic occurred! Yes, they have been restored....they look shiny and well, almost new! They still have scratches and stuff, but that's okay. It's just proof that they are used! I had a birthday party for my son using so many ideas that I gathered from Pinterest! Pinterest is the home of my dream closet, my dream home, my inner Martha Stewart, the fierce body I will one day inhabit and the methods I used to achieve it, and of great inspirational quotes that I can turn to. Oh, how I luvs me some Pinterest! Bottom line......PINTEREST, IF YOU HAVEN'T JOINED....JOIN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment